Paula Duggan Balance Nutrition was founded in 2018
- Hi, I’m Paula and I’m a Nutritionist based in Dingle Co. Kerry, however much of my work is online (weight loss programs) and on the road (Corporate & schools)! I spent 6 years studying Nutritional Science in UCC, obtaining 1H degree in 2001 & research masters degree in 2003.
- I went on to work as a researcher in UCC where I worked on an EU project “NutriSenex” on malnutrition in the elderly. Furthermore, I have 3 clinical publications.
- I also taught Nutrition for a year as well as designing & teaching another healthy eating course to adults at night. Simultaneously, I freelanced as a Nutrition speaker in schools, parent association meetings, gyms and clubs.
- In 2006, I started to work in Danone infant nutrition, where I developed an interest for nutrition in pregnancy, breastfeeding, childhood nutrition & fussy eaters. Going on to have 3 children myself further developed my interest in these areas. Following on from Danone, I spent the next 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry.
Paula Duggan Balance Nutrition was born
- Finally, in 2018 I decided it was time to go back to Nutrition and I set up my own business. Most of my time is spent coaching clients online – weight loss coaching primarily. I absolutely love coaching people and apparently, I’m quite good at it too! Also, I meet people face to face for nutritional consultations and weight loss coaching. People like me because of my relaxed style and my practical approach. Find out more about my weight loss programs here.
- Talking is what I do best!! I love to get out to schools and into the workplace. Coming from a corporate background myself I understand the challenges people face when it comes to healthy eating. Showing people how to achieve optimum nutrition on minimal time is a favourite topic of mine.
- After 1 year in the business I was delighted to win best Home based business of the year 2019 at the Kerry Business Womens’ Awards.