Paula Duggan Balance Nutrition was founded in 2018
- I’m Paula Duggan, I am a Nutritionist based in Dingle Co. Kerry, however much of my work is online (weight loss programs) and on the road (Corporate & schools)! I spent 6 years studying Nutritional Science in UCC, obtaining 1H degree in 2001 & reasearch masters degree in 2003.
- I went on to work as a researcher in UCC where I worked on an EU project “NutriSenex”on malnutrition in the elderly. Furthermore, I have 3 clinical publications.
- I also taught Nutrition for a year as well as designing & teaching another healthy eating course to adults at night. Simultaneously, I freelanced as a Nutrition speaker in schools, parent association meetings, gyms and clubs.
- In 2006, I started to work in Danone infant nutrition, where I developed an interest for nutrition in pregnancy, breastfeeding, childhood nutrition & fussy eaters. Going on to have 3 children myself further developed my interest in these areas. Following on from Danone, I spent the next 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry.
Paula Duggan Balance Nutrition was born
- Finally, in 2018 I decided it was time to go back to Nutrition and I set up my own business. Most of my time is spent coaching clients online – weight loss coaching primarily. I absolutely love coaching people and apparently, I’m quite good at it too! Also, I meet people face to face for nutritional consultations and weight loss coaching. People like me because of my relaxed style and my practical approach.
- Talking is what I do best!! I love to get out to schools and into the workplace. Coming from a corporate background myself I understand the challenges people face when it comes to healthy eating. Showing people how to achieve optimum nutrition on minimal time is a favourite topic of mine.
- Delighted to recently have won a prize at the Kerry Business Womens Awards – Home based business of the year 2019